Posted: Jan 10, 2019
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- The Wheaton College men's swimming and diving team defeated the visiting Clark University Cougars this evening by a margin of 155-69 at Balfour Natatorium.
- The foursome of Jacob Cost, Richard Matthews, Eli Steward and Jonathan Gilberti kicked off the night with a win in the 400 yard medley with a time of 3:43.59, while Chris Steward, Chett Vogt, Zach Koffman and Brennan McIntyre followed right behind in second with a time of 3:53.56.
- Jes Bollman racked up another win for Wheaton, as he placed first in the 1000 yard freestyle in 10:36.62.
- Daniel Roch and Koffman took the first two spots in the 200 yard freestyle, recording times of 1:51.52 and 1:52.49, respectively.
- Cost, Timmer Sposato and Gilberti claimed first, second and third place in the 50 yard freestyle, with Sposato beating out Gilberti for second place just 23.13-23.14. Sposato eventually won first place later in the evening in the 100 yard freestyle.
- Matthews, Bollman and Chris Steward also took the top three places in their 200 yard IM event, with Matthews in the top spot at 2:07.54. Matthews won another event, coming in first in the 200 yard breaststroke with a time of 2:20.80.
- Kevin Silva recorded yet another victory for Wheaton, coming in first in the 200 yard butterfly, just ahead of Eli Steward.
- Cost, Chris Steward, Troy Eakman and Trevor Ragas owned spots 1-4 in the 200 yard backstroke, while Koffman, Roch and Eli Steward claimed spots 1-3 in the 500 yard freestyle.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, January 12, when they host the Beavers of Babson College at noon.