Posted: Jan 12, 2019
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- The Wheaton College men's swimming & diving team fell to the visiting Babson College Beavers, 137-90, this afternoon at Balfour Natatorium.
- Prior to the start of the meet, the team honord their seniors Jacob Cost, Kevin Silva, Timmer Sposato and Chris Steward for their contributions to the Wheaton swimming and diving program over the last four seasons.
- Wheaton's Hajmil Carr gathered the first 9 points for the Lyons, as he scored 144.15 in the 3 meter diving heat before picking up another 9 points with a first place win in the 1 meter dive.
- Daniel Roch placed first in his heat, the 100 yard freestyle, touching in 49.11 ahead of fourth-place John Giberti and sixth-place Brennan McIntyre.
- Cost won Wheaton's fourth event of the day, touching first in the 100 yard backstroke with a time of 52.69. Chris Steward and Trevor Ragas rounded out the swimmers in that event, picking up 3 points for the Lyons.
- The foursome of Elias Steward, Zachary Koffman, McIntyre and Roch picked up a 2nd place finish in the 400 yard freestyle relay, finishing in 3:22.06 just ahead of the 3:24.15 of Sposato, Chris Steward, Silva and Cost.
- Babson's Alex Damieki and Walter Lehneis took first and second in the 100 yard breaststroke ahead of Richard Matthews, Austin Halstead, Chett Vogt and Jesmond Bollman.
UP NEXT: Wheaton will travel to Dartmouth, Mass. on Wednesday, January 16 for a dual meet with nonconference UMass. -Dartmouth as well as WPI at 6:30p.m.