Posted: Jan 19, 2019
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- The Wheaton College men's swimming & diving team took to the pool for the final time in the Balfour Natatorium this season, falling to the Tufts Jumbos 200.5 - 77.5. The Lyons have one more dual scheduled before heading to the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) Swimming & Diving Championships Feb. 21-24.
- The Lyons opened the day with a third-place finish in the 200-yard medley relay with Jacob Cost, Austin Halstead, Kevin Silva, and Daniel Roch finishing in 1:38.55.
- Jesmond Bollman was Wheaton's top finisher in the 1650 free (18:23.39), while Roch led the Lyons in the 200 freestyle (1:51.28).
- Cost won the 100 backstroke with a time of 52.16 which was a full second faster than the next finisher.
- Richard Matthews took second place in the 100 breaststroke with a season-best time of 1:01.09, while Halstead finished fourth (1:03.89).
- Silva, Elias Steward, and Zachary Koffman finished consecutively in the 200 butterfly with Sliva leading the way with a third-place finish (2:05.24).
- The 50 free saw senior Timmer Sposato finish in third with a time of 22.74, while Cost finished third in the 100 free with a time of 49.38.
- Hajmil Carr finished the 3-meter dive with a score of 147.60.
- Chris Steward finished the 200 back with a season-best time of 2:03.22, while Halstead finished the 200 breast in 2:26.67.
- Roch took fourth in the 500 free (5:20.51) while Silva and Koffman both finished the 200 IM with season-best times.
- Wheaton ended the day with a third-place finish in the 400 free relay with the team of Sposato, E. Steward, Matthews and Cost finishing in first with a time of 3:19.46.
UP NEXT: Wheaton concludes the regular season on Saturday, Feb. 2 at WPI in a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) dual.