LOCATION: Worcester, Mass. (WPI Pool)
- The Wheaton College men's swimming and diving team got to preview the pool for the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) Championships Saturday afternoon, competing in the WPI Sprints.
- Wheaton's 200-yard medley 'A' relay team of Jacob Cost, Richard Matthews, Kevin Silva, and Daniel Roch finished fifth with a time of 1:38.49.
- Elias Steward picked up a ninth-place finish in the 100 butterfly with a time of 55.13. Steward also finished 10th in the 50 fly (25.11), while Silva took 12th (25.32).
- In the 50 breaststroke, the Lyons were led by Richards, who finished fifth with a time of 27.99. Austin Halstead finished eighth with a time of 28.90.
- Roch took 10th in the 25 free with a time of 10.48, while Cost took 13th with a time of 10.64. Roch also finished fourth in the 100 free with a time of 48.63.
- Zachary Koffman finished fifth in the 100 backstroke with a time of 56.12, while Chris Steward finished seventh (56.18).
- Wheaton took seventh in the 100 free relay with Matthews, John Giberti, Roch, and Cost touching in 40.43.
- Halstead touched in 1:04.10 in the 100 breaststroke, which was good enough to earn him eighth place. Halstead and Richards finished back-to-back in the 25 breast with Matthews touching in 12.75. Halstead finished with fifth with a time of 12.80.
- After being edged out by a 100th of a second in the preliminaries of the 25 backstroke, Cost returned to the event, winning the finals by the same margin, finishing in 11.64.
- Wheaton took fifth in the 100 medley relay with Cost, Matthews, Silva, and Roch touching in 44.52.
- Matthews earned fourth place in the 25 butterfly with a time of 11.27. Silva took eighth with a time of 11.50, while Koffman finished ninth (11.53). Koffman finished 12th in the 200 free (1:53.87), while Cost took 13th (1:54.86). Koffman also finished second in the 400 IM (4:30.96).
- Cost and Roch finished consecutively in the 50 free, with Cost leading the way with a time of 22.52, while Roch touched in 22.59.
- The 200 free relay team of Roch, Timmer Sposato, Richards, and Cost finished seventh with a time of 1:29.61.
- Hajmil Carr finished the 1-meter dive in fourth place with a score of 250.30. Carr also took fifth in the 3-meter dive (257.30).
- Carlos Corrada took third in the 200 butterfly with a time of 2:20.01.
- Jesmond Bollman finished in second place in the 500 free with a time of 5:04.06, while Brennan McIntyre finished eighth (5:37.31) and Giberti finished ninth (5:46.51).
- Halstead finished fifth in the 200 breast with a time of 2:25.60. Chett Vogt finished eighth (2:41.14) and Victor Edwards took ninth (2:45.52).
- In the 200 back, Sposato touched in 2:12.38, which earned him a sixth place, while Trevor Ragas, finished in 2:19.33.
- Troy Eakman competed in the 1000 free, finishing the race in 11:36.42.
UP NEXT: Wheaton heads back to Worcester in two weeks for the NEWMAC Championships which are being hosted by WPI. The championships are set to begin Thursday, Feb. 21 running through Sunday, Feb. 24.