Posted: Nov 16, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 151 - Springfield 143, Wheaton 205 - Keene State 83
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- The Wheaton College men's swimming and diving team swept both Springfield and Keene State this afternoon at Balfour Natatorium, outscoring the visitors by a combined score of 356-226.
- The Lyons started off the afternoon with a first-place finish in the meet's first event, the 200-yard medley relay, as Zachary Koffman, Cameron LaBree, Austin Halstead and Daniel Roch finished with a time of 1:37.11.
- Koffman earned other wins in the 100 and 200-yard backstroke events, while Halstead picked up a first-place finish in the 100-yard breaststroke in 1:02.16 and Ethan Bosworth won the 50-yard freestyle.
- Roch placed first in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 48.17.
- the 200-yard freestyle relay team of John Giberti, Bosworth, Elias Steward, and Roch beat out Springfield for the win by just .09 seconds.