Posted: Jan 10, 2020
LOCATION: North Hadley, Mass. (Mount Holyoke College)
- The Wheaton College men's swimming and diving team returned to action on Friday, Jan. 10 against Clark in New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference Action (NEWMAC).
- The team of Ethan Bosworth, Richard Matthews, Cameron LaBree, and John Giberti won the 200-yard medley relay with a time of 1:40.99, followed by the Lyons 'B' team (Colton Parkinson, Austin Halstead, Anthony Meglin, and William Garneau).
- Parkinson then finished in second place in the 1000-yard freestyle (10:51.54) followed by senior Trevor Ragas who took third place (11.26.23).
- Garneau won the 200 free with a time of 1:50.93, while Elias Steward (1:54.31) and Daniel Roch (1:54.49) completed the sweep.
- Bosworth, Evan Domingos, and Ragas finished one through three in the 50-yard backstroke with Domingos leading the way with a time of 26.87.
- Wheaton put in a similar performance in the 50-yard breaststroke with Halstead, Matthews, and Noah Caplan finishing in the top three spots. Halstead won the event with a time of 28.40.
- Steward won the 100 butterfly after touching in 54.50, while Labree took second with a time of 56.19.
- The Lyons swept the 50 free with Bosworth winning the event in 22.34. Roch and Giberti finished back-to-back, touching in 22.84 and 22.97 respectively.
- Bosworth won again, this time in the 100 free, touching in 49.62. Giberti finished second (51.19) followed by Roch in third (51.61).
- Parkinson and Ragas took first and second in the 100-yard back, while Halstead and Caplan did the same in the 100-yard breaststroke.
- Garneau won the 500-yard free (5:02.86), while Steward finished in third place (5:14.18).
- Wheaton swept the 50 butterfly with Lebree winning the event after touching in 24.80. Anthony Meglin finished in second (25.47), while Domingos was the third athlete to touch with a time of 25.65.