Posted: Jan 11, 2020
SCORE: Wheaton 110 - Babson 160
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- The Wheaton College men's swimming and diving team honored its graduating seniors prior to the start of the Lyons New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) meet against the Beavers of Babson College. The Beavers slipped past the Lyons 160-110.
- Wheaton started the meet with a second-place finish in the 200-yard medley relay with the team of Ethan Bosworth, Richard Matthews, Cameron LaBree, and Daniel Roch touching in 1:39.90. The Lyons 'B' team picked up points after finishing third.
- William Garneau finished in second place in the 1000 freestyle after touching in 10:24.29.
- Roch finished third in the 200 free (1:53.56), while Trevor Ragas and Troy Eakman finished in second and third in the 50 backstroke.
- Matthews won the 50 breaststroke with a time of 27.86, while Austin Halstead finished in third with a time of 28.51.
- The 100 butterfly saw Elias Steward finish in second place (56.48) and LaBree third (56.64).
- Bosworth and John Giberti finished back-to-back in the 50 free paced by Bosworth who touched in22.33, which earned him second place.
- The 100 free saw consecutive finishes from Garneau and Roch who finished in second and third place respectively.
- Bosworth earned the Lyons nine points in the 100 back after winning the race with a time of 56.48.
- Matthews earned his second individual win of the day after finishing the 100 breast in 1:00.54. Halstead earned third with a time of 1:03.59.
- Garneau earned third in the 500 free (5:08.14), while LaBree took third in the 50 butterfly (25.00).
- Colton Parkinson earned points in the 400-yard IM, earning second place with a time of 4:26.05.
- The Lyons wrapped up the day with a second and third-place finish in the 200-yard freestyle relay with Bosworth, Matthews, Giberti, and Roch finishing in 1:28.59.