Posted: Jan 15, 2020
SCORE: Wheaton 113 - WPI 154
Wheaton 192 - St. Michael's 85
LOCATION: Worcester, Mass.
- The Wheaton College men's swimming and diving team continued New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action Wednesday night, falling to the WPI Engineers 154 - 113 on the road. The Lyons also took on St. Michael's earning a 192 - 85 victory.
- The meet started with Wheaton picking up a second-place finish in the 200-yard medley relay. The team of Ethan Bosworth, Richard Matthews, Cameron LaBree, and Daniel Roch concluded the race in 1:40.13.
- The 1000 freestyle saw William Garneau take third place (10:32.85), while Bosworth finished third in the 100 backstroke with a time of 56.44.
- Austin Halstead earned a win for the Lyons in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:02.69. LaBree also competed in the event, finishing in third after touching in 1:04.41.
- Matthews took home a third-place finish in the 50 free after touching in 22.41. The sophomore followed that with a win in the 200 breast with a time of 2:16.68.
- Colton Parkinson earned Wheaton points in the 200 backstroke, finishing a few seconds out of the top spot with a time of 2:00.45.
- Wheaton took the top-three spots in the 100 butterfly with Elias Steward winning the race with a time of 55.26. LaBree finished in second (55.49), while Anthony Meglin finished in third with a time of 1:00.17.
- Parkinson won the 200-IM after completing the race in 2:02.12, while Noah Caplan finished in third with a time of 2:19.12.
- Wheaton ended the night with a win in the 400 freestyle relay after Bosworth, Steward, Matthews, and Roch concluded the race in 3:15.38.