Posted: Jan 18, 2020
SCORE: Wheaton 93 - Tufts 167
LOCATION: Medford, Mass.
- The Wheaton College men's swimming and diving team returned to action Saturday afternoon for one of its toughest battles of the season, taking on the 13th best team in the nation in the Tufts Jumbos.
- Wheaton 200 medley relay team of Ethan Bosworth, Richard Matthews, Cameron LaBree, and Daniel Roch finished in fourth place after concluding the race in 1:40.67.
- Colton Parkinson earned himself a fourth-place finish in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 1:01.90.
- Matthews finished the 100-yard breaststroke in third place, touching in 1:02.00.
- The 50 freestyle saw Bosworth earn the Lyons points with a fourth-place finish (22.40).
- Trevor Ragas and Carter Wilhite finished in second and third place respectively in the 200 backstroke with Ragas leading the way with a time of 2:11.39.
- Matthews, Labree, and Chett Vogt had solid showings in the 200 breast with Matthews leading the trio with a time of 2:18.43.
- William Garneau and Austin Halstead concluded the 500 freestyle in 5:06.00 and 5:28.66 respectively.
- Labree finished the 100 butterfly in fourth place (56.64), while Parkinson concluded the 400 yard IM in 4:31.81.
- Bosworth, John Giberti, Roch, and Matthews put together a well-executed 200-yard free relay, finishing in 1:29.06.