Posted: Feb 01, 2020
SCORE: Wheaton 387.5 / Bates 1504.5 / WPI 1239.5 / RWU 820.5 / Trinity 344
LOCATION: Worcester, Mass.
- The Wheaton College men's swimming and diving team returned to action Saturday afternoon, competing in the WPI Sprints, which featured the host Engineers, Bates, Roger Williams, Trinity (Conn.) as well as the Lyons.
- Wheaton's top 200 medley relay team of Ethan Bosworth, Richard Matthews, Cameron LaBree, and Daniel Roch finished in fourth place in the A finals with a time of 1:38.68.
- Matthews finished the 50 breaststroke in 27.68, which was the third-fastest time, while Bosworth took fifth in the 100 backstroke with a time of 55.72.
- In the 100 freestyle relay, Matthews, John Giberti, Bosworth, and Labree finished in second place after concluding the race in 39.58.
- Labree returned to action in the 100 breaststroke finishing in 1:03.28, while finishing the 25-yard butterfly in 11.34.
- Wheaton put together another strong relay, this time taking third in the 100 medley relay with Matthews, Austin Halstead, Labree, and Bosworth finishing in 44.93, which was nearly a full second faster than their preliminary time.
- Roch took third in the 50 free with a time of 22.30, which was the fastest time by a NEWMAC swimmer. Matthews concluded the event in 22.64.
- Bosworth, Roch, Labree, and Matthews took home third in the 200 free relay with the group touching in 1:27.21.
- The 200 back saw Bosworth and Trevor Ragas finish in third and fourth place respectively, led by a time of 2:06.62 from Bosworth. Ragas finished moments later with a time of 2:12.15.