SCORE: Wheaton 7 - Colby-Sawyer 2
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-4, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Colby-Sawyer (1-7)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Clark Tennis Courts)
- Wheaton returned to the Clark Tennis Courts for the first time this season, defeating Colby-Sawyer 7-2 on a perfect day. Zach Strempel and Diego Garcia Anton got the scoring started with an 8-2 win in No. 3 doubles.
- Ned Roosevelt and Jorge Aguirre Martinez followed with a hard-fought 9-7 win in the No. 2 spot over Ross Kenny and Cam Lynch.
- Stemple kept the winning going in singles, taking down Mike White in the No. 5 position, putting Wheaton ahead 3-1.
- Aguirre Martinez moved the Lyons a point closer to the win with a 6-1, 6-3 defeat of Gustav Jigrup, while Garcia Anton sealed the win for Wheaton with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-3 win over Kenny in the No. 6 spot.
- Jeremiah Ryser also earned the Lyons a point, taking down Nick Mathieu 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 as Wheaton's No. 2.
- Javier Esteban de Celis ended Wheaton's scoring with a battle in the No. 3 spot, falling 4-6 in the opening set before bouncing back to take the second 6-3. In the deciding set, Esteban won the tiebreaker of Alex Wright, winning 7-6(3).
UP NEXT: Men's tennis returns to action on Saturday, April 7 at 2 p.m. in a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) home contest against the Pride of Springfield College.