SCORE: Wheaton 7 - Springfield 2
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-4, 1-0 NEWMAC) - Springfield (5-6, 0-2 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Clark Tennis Courts)
- Wheaton won two out of the three doubles points, starting with an 8-2 win from Ned Roosevelt and Jorge Aguirre Martinez in the No. 2 spot.
- Zach Strempel and Diego Garcia Anton earned the Lyons other doubles point, defeating Zack Keene and Steven Ludtke 8-5.
- Aguirre Martinez earned the Lyons another point, earning a 6-2, 7-5 win as Wheaton's No. 1 singles player.
- Javier Esteban de Celis collected a hard fought 3-6, 6-3, 10-7 win for Wheaton in the No. 3 singles postion, while Roosevelt earned a 6-4, 6-2 win as the No. 4.
- Strempel picked up a 6-1, 6-2 win in the No. 5 spot, while Garcia Anton won his match 7-6 (5), 3-6, 12-10 over Freddie Moffa as the Lyons No. 6.
UP NEXT: Men's tennis returns to action on Wednesday, April 11 at MIT for a 4 p.m. NEWMAC contest.