SCORE: Wheaton 7 - Clark 2
RECORDS: Wheaton (7-5, 3-1 NEWMAC) - Clark (2-10, 0-5 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Worcester, Mass. (Clark Tennis Courts)
- The Lyons picked up their third New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) win after sweeping the Clark Cougars in doubles action and taking four out of six singles matches.
- Wheaton got things started with an 8-0 win from Jorge Aguirre Martinez and Ned Roosevelt in the No. 2 position, which was followed by 8-6 wins in the No. 3 and No. 1 spots.
- The winning carried over to a 6-1, 6-2 win over Jack Han from Roosevelt in the No. 4 singles position.
- Jeremiah Ryser sealed the win with a 6-4, 6-2 victory over Chris Ruebens as the Lyons No. 2.
- Wheaton rounded out its wins with a 6-4, 7-5 win from Zach Strempel (No. 5) and a 7-5, 5-7, 12-10 battle from Javier Esteban de Celis (No. 2).
UP NEXT: Men's tennis returns to action on Saturday, April 21 at home against the Coast Guard Academy for a 2 p.m. contest.