SCORE: Wheaton 5 - Clark 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (8-8, 3-3 NEWMAC) - Clark (4-12, 2-4 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Beard Fieldhouse)
- Wheaton moves onto the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) Semifinals for the first time since the 2013 season and will now travel to take on No. 1 MIT.
- The Lyons swept the Cougars in doubles play, starting with an 8-2 win at the No. 2 position from Jorge Aguirre Martinez and Ned Roosevelt, who took down Lenny Siegel and Jack Han.
- Javier Esteban de Celis and Jeremiah Ryser collected the next doubles point for Wheaton with an 8-4 victory over Jose Vera Dalla-Valle and Andrey Samadoav.
- Wheaton completed the doubles sweep with a hard fought 9-8 (4) win at the No. 3 position from Diego Garcia Anton and Zach Strempel.
- Clark kept its chances alive in singles with a win at the No. 2 spot from Chris Reubens who took down Ryser 7-6 (6), 6-3.
- Roosevelt moved Wheaton one point closer to victory with a 6-2, 5-7, 6-3 win over Han at the No. 4 spot, putting the Lyons on top 4-1.
- Aguirre Martinez battled his way to the winning point for the Lyons at the top spot with a 5-7, 7-6 (5), 6-2 win over Vera Dall-Valle.
UP NEXT: Men's tennis returns to action on Wednesday, May 2 at No. 1 MIT for the next round of the NEWMAC Tournament.