Feb 16, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 9 - UMass.-Dartmouth 0
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Beard Fieldhouse)
- The Wheaton College men's tennis team returned to action for the spring portion of their 2018-19 schedule, hosting UMass.-Dartmouth in the Beard Fieldhouse with the Lyons picking up a 9-0 sweep of the visiting Corsairs.
- The Lyons opened the day with a win in No. 1 doubles with Ian Tracy and Javier Esteban de Celis earning an 8-0 win over Tristin Viale and Eli Brooks.
- The pairs returned to singles action against each other in singles, with Tracy taking down Brooks 6-0, 6-1 from the top No. 1 spot, while Esteban de Celis defeated Viale 6-1, 6-2 (No. 2).
- Jorge Aguirre Martinez and Jeremiah Ryser earned the next doubles point for Wheaton, earning an 8-0 win from the No. 3 position.
- Ned Roosevelt and David Hernaez Sanz wrapped up the doubles sweep with an 8-3 defeat of Anthony Joseph and Kyle Noseworthy at the No. 2 spot.
- Hernaez Sanz defeated Baylen Harper in No. 3 singles, 6-2, 6-0, while Aguirre Martinez picked up a 6-1, 6-1 win over Joseph in the No. 4 spot.
- Zach Strempel collected a 6-1, 6-2 win as the No. 5 and Roosevelt battled Noseworthy in the No. 6 spot, earning a 7-5, 6-2 victory.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to the court on Sunday, Feb. 17 at 4 p.m. in Beard Fieldhouse against Stonehill College.