Mar 11, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 6 - Fullerton College 3
LOCATION: Fullerton, Calif.
- The Wheaton College men's tennis team opened its California trip with a 6-3 defeat of Fullerton College Monday afternoon.
- After falling behind 2-1 after doubles, the Lyons rallied in singles with wins from Ian Tracy, Jeremiah Ryser, David Hernaez Sanz, Jorge Aguirre Martinez, and Zach Strempel.
- Hernaez Sanz picked up the first win, pulling the Lyons even at 2-2, with a convincing 6-0, 6-2 defeat of Charlie Kirk.
- Fullerton won the next singles match, once again taking the lead, but it was shortlived as Ryser once again pulled Wheaton even with their foe, defeating Rodrigo Onate 7-5, 6-3.
- Stremple gave the Lyons their first lead of the contest, taking down Angel Perez 6-0, 6-0.
- Aguirre Martinez and Tracy wrapped up the match in Wheaton's favor, with Aguirre Martinez picking up a 6-1, 6-0 win, followed by a 3-6, 7-6, 10-4 victory for Tracy.