Posted: Mar 24, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 8 - Colby-Sawyer 1
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Clark Tennis Courts)
- The Wheaton College men's tennis team returned to the Clark Tennis Courts for a non-conference contest against Colby-Sawyer with the Lyons earning an 8-1 victory.
- Wheaton started the day with a sweep of doubles with Ian Tracy and Javier Esteban de Celis earning an 8-2 win followed by 8-3 wins from Jorge Aguirre Martinez/Jeremiah Ryser (No.2) and David Hernaez Sanz/Ned Roosevelt (No.3).
- The Lyons picked up the win after the first two singles matches, which began with a 6-0, 6-4 win from Hernaez Sanz in the No. 3 spot. Esteban de Celis followed with a 6-3, 6-3 win in the two spot.
- Tracy battled through three sets in his win (5-7, 6-3, 11-9) over Alex Wright in the top spot, putting Wheaton ahead 6-0.
- Ryser earned a 6-4, 6-1 win (No. 4), while Albert Ortega Campos rounded out the scoring for the Lyons, earning a 6-1, 6-1 win over Erik Antonacci in the No. 6 position.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Sunday, March 31 for a 10 a.m. road contest at Brandeis.