Posted: Mar 31, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 0 - No. 10 Brandeis
LOCATION: Waltham, Mass. (Gosman Sports Complex)
- The Wheaton College men's tennis team had its hands full Sunday afternoon falling 9-0 to the 10th best team in the nation, the Judges of Brandeis College.
- The Lyons held their own in doubles play with Jorge Aguirre Martinez and Jeremiah Ryser putting up a fight in the No. 2 spot. The pair ultimately fell to their opponents 8-6. Wheaton's other two doubles teams fell 8-4.
- Ian Tracy had a solid match against Jeff Chen in No. 1 singles, falling 6-4, 6-1. Javier Esteban de Celis fell by the same scores in his set at No. 2 singles.
- David Hernaez Sanz faced off against Colt Tegtmeier in No. 3 singles, falling 6-3, 6-4.
- Ryser fell in the No. 4 spot (6-0, 6-1), while Aguirre Martinez fell 6-2, 6-0 (No. 5), and Strempel 6-2, 6-2 (No. 6).
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Thursday, April 4 at 4 p.m. at home against Regis (Mass.).