Apr 04, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 9 - Regis (Mass.) 0
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Beard Fieldhouse)
- The Wheaton College men's tennis team returned to Beard Fieldhouse Thursday evening for a non-conference battle against Regis (Mass.) that saw the Lyons come out on top 9-0.
- Ned Roosevelt and Zach Strempel got things started with Wheaton's first point coming at No. 3 doubles with the pair earning an 8-0 win over Cam Charbonneau and Mitchell Weiner.
- Jorge Aguirre Martinez and Jeremiah Ryser followed with an 8-2 win at No. 2 doubles, followed by an 8-3 win from Ian Tracy and Javier Esteban de Celis that completed the Lyons sweep of doubles.
- Wheaton kept the momentum going into singles with Tracy giving his team a 4-0 lead with a 6-1, 6-0 win over Nolan Bebarta in the top singles spot.
- Strempel clinched the win for Wheaton with a 6-0, 6-0 win in the five spot.
- Ryser kept things going with a 6-1, 6-1 win as the teams No. 4, followed by a 6-3, 6-3 win from Aguirre Martinez in the three spot.
- Esteban de Celis (No. 2) and Albert Ortega Campos closed out (No. 6) closed out the game with Esteban de Celis winning his match 6-4, 6-1, followed by Ortega Campos who won 6-2, 6-2.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, April 6 at Springfield for a 2 p.m. New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) contest.