Posted: Apr 17, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 7 - Clark 2
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Clark Tennis Courts)
- The Wheaton College men's tennis team returned to New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action Wednesday, defeating Clark University 7-2.
- The Lyons got things going with a sweep of doubles, starting with a win from Jorge Aguirre Martinez and Jeremiah Ryser in the No. 2 spot, who defeated Andrey Samodaev and Jack Han 8-2.
- Ned Roosevelt and David Hernaez Sanz followed with an 8-2 win from the three spot. Ian Tracy and Javier Esteban de Celis rounded out the sweep with an 8-6 win (No. 1).
- Hernaez Sanz put the Lyons on top 4-0 with a 6-0, 6-1 win over Samodaev in No. 3 singles.
- Aguirre Martinez earned Wheaton the win after taking down Alex Hattenbach 6-2, 6-1.
- Wheaton's final points came from Ryster (No. 5) who earned a 6-2, 6-0 win, followed by Esteban de Celis (No. 2) who picked up a 7-5, 6-3 victory.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, April 20 at the Coast Guard Academy for a 1 p.m. NEWMAC match.