Posted: Feb 22, 2020
SCORE: Wheaton 8 - UMass. - Dartmouth 1
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Beard Fieldhouse)
- The Wheaton College men's tennis team returned to the court in 2020, earning an 8-1 home-opening win over UMass.-Dartmouth.
- Wheaton opened the contest with a sweep of doubles, starting with an 8-4 win from Josh Anshuetz and Ethan Na in the two spot.
- Wheaton took a 2-0 lead after an 8-4 win from Zach Strempel and Jack Luyrink (No. 3), which was followed by an 8-5 win from Ian Tracy and Ned Roosevelt (No. 1).
- Singles started with a 6-0, 6-1 win from Strempel who defeated Tristin Viale in the four spot.
- The win was sealed moments later after Anshuetz earned a 6-1, 6-0 win over Noah Dubitzky (No. 2).
- Roosevelt earned Wheaton's next point (6-4, 6-1), followed by Na (6-2, 6-2), and finally Tracy (6-1, 6-2).
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Sunday, Feb. 23 at 1 p.m. at Stonehill