Jan 12, 2019
LOCATION: Brunswick, Maine (Farley Field House)
- The Wheaton men's track & field team hit the road on Saturday where they finished third overall at the Bowdoin Invitational.
- First-year Elijah Akindolie led the Lyons, placing second in the 600 Meter Run with a New England Division III qualifying time of 1:24.7. Sophomore John Billings followed up with a third-place performance, just three seconds behind Akindolie at 1:27.46.
- First-year Kevin Fischer kept the scoring going in the 1000 meters placing third with a time of 2:37.02 just .02 seconds off qualifying for the New England Division III championships.
- Sophomore Hudson Ingoldsby placed third in the High Jump clearing 1.85 meters. Ingoldsby also competed in the 60m Hurdles, running a PR time of 9.12.
- Ingoldsby, Akindolie, Billings and Jonathan Forman finished third place in the 4x400 Meter Relay with a time of 3:36.77.
- Sophomore Jack Muldoon earned a fourth-place finish in the 5,000 Meter Run.
- Dominic Sclafani's time of 9:32.95 placed him eighth in the 3,000-Meter Run.
- Senior Bobby Pederson finished sixth in the 200 Meter Dash with a time of 24.59.
UP NEXT: Wheaton will come home to Beard Fieldhouse for the Lyons Invitational on Friday, Jan. 18 at 5:00 p.m.