Feb 09, 2019
LOCATION: Boston, Mass.
- The Wheaton men's track and field team competed Saturday at the David Hemery Valintine Invitational hosted by Boston University. The field was made up of Division I, II, and III schools as well as professional athletes, and club teams.
- The Lyons got their day started with sophomore Marcel Smith in the 60m HH tying a season-best time of 8.88.
- Sophomore John Billings ran a season-best time of 50.99 in the 400 meters.
- First-year Elijah Akindolie put himself on Wheaton's All-Time Top 10 list in the 500 meters
with a time of 1:06.72, placing him in eighth.
- John Billings and Shayne Beckloff both set season PR's in the 200 meters running 23.08 and 23.12.
- First year Kevin Fischer and Dominic Sclafani both had big PR's in the 1000 meters and also put themselves on Wheaton's All-Time Top 10 list. Fischer ran 2:36.36 and Sclafani ran 2:37/89 which places them fifth and sixth All-Time in school history.
- Johnny Robbins and Antonio Guerrieri both placed in the top 20 of the Pole Vault with Robbins jumping 4.05 meters and Guerrieri jumping 3.90 meters.
UP NEXT: Wheaton will be back in action next week, Sat., Feb. 16, where they will compete at the Bowdoin College Invitational.