Apr 06, 2019
LOCATION: Amherst, Mass.
- The Wheaton men's track and field team traveled to Amherst on Saturday where they placed fourth overall.
- Bobby Pedersen won the Javelin with a personal best throw of 52.54m which also qualifies him for the New England Division III Championships
- Shayne Beckloff placed sixth overall in the 200m Finals in a personal best time of 22.95, qualifying him for the NE DII Championships.
- In the 400m Finals, Elijah Akindolie placed third overall with a personal best and NE DIII qualifying time of 50.89 while John Billings followed up in fifth place in a time of 51.21.
- Kevin Fischer finished second overall in the 800m Finals in a time of 1:58.82, that time places him sixth overall in Wheaton's All-Time Top 10 List.
- In the 1500m, Dominic Sclafani ran a personal best time of 4:11.83, placing him eighth overall in Wheaton's All-Time Top 10 List.
- Marcel Smith placed fourth overall in the 110 hurdles in a time of 16.32, qualifying him for the NE DIII Championship.
- William Jacobs placed fourth overall in the 400m hurdles in a personal best time of 1:00.99.
- Jack Muldoon won the 3000 steeplechase in a time of 10:36.38.
- In the pole vault, Johnny Robbins and Antonio Guerrieri finished fifth and sixth.
UP NEXT: The men's track and field team returns to the road on Saturday where they will travel to the SNHU Invitational.