Apr 13, 2019
LOCATION: New London, Conn.
- The men's track and field team traveled to Connecticut College on Friday to compete in the Silfen Elite Distance Invitational. First-year Elijah Akindolie placed 10th in the 800m in a time of 1:56.18 while fellow classmate, Kevin Fischer, followed up in a time of 1:57.51.
LOCATION: Manchester, NH
- On Saturday, the men's team returned to the road to compete in the Second Annual SNHU Penman Relays.
- First-year Shayne Beckloff placed third in the 200m finals in a time of 22.67 while also finishing fifth in the 100m with a time of 11.28. Beckloff's time in the 200m qualifies him for the New England Division III Championship.
- In the 400m, John Billings earned a fourth-place finish at 50.49, qualifying him for the NE DIII Championship.
- Sophomore Marcel Smith placed sixth in the 110m hurdles with a 15.99 finish time while Hudson Ingoldsby earned fifth in the 400m hurdles with a time of 58.97.
- Antonio Guerrieri represented the Lyons with a jump of 3.50m in the pole vault to earn a fifth-place finish.
- Senior Bobby Pedersen threw 50.74m in the Javelin, placing him sixth overall.
UP NEXT: Wheaton will hit the road again on Saturday, April 20, where they will compete at the Trinity College Invitational.