Apr 20, 2019
LOCATION: Hartford, Conn.
- Senior Bobby Pedersen earned a first-place finish in the javelin with a throw of 50.24m while first-year William Jacobs snagged a first place title in the 400 hurdles (1:02.64).
- In the 200m Finals, first-year Shayne Beckloff earned a second place finish with a time of 23.06 while sophomore John Billings followed up in fifth place in a time of 24.06.
- Kevin Fischer placed third in the 400m Finals in a time of 53.46 with Elijah Akindolie trailing right behind in the fifth.
- Finlay McIsaac ran a 2:10.49 in the 800m Finals, placing him fourth overall.
- In the 1500m Finals, Dominic Sclafani and Alec Devine finished 2-3 with Sclafani finishing in a time of 4:18.84 and Devine in 4:29.52.
- Sophomore Marcel Smith ran a 16.10 to advance to the finals of the 110 hurdles, earning a second-place finish.
- In the 4x100 relay, the Lyons team of Billings, Beckloff, Hudson Ingoldsby, and Bobby Pedersen placed second in a time of 45.59, just .62 seconds behind first place.
- Ethan Thombs placed third in the discus with a throw of 31.26m while fellow classmate Matsky Mathe landed a 30.65m mark, earning a fourth-place spot. Mathe would also compete in the hammer, placing fourth overall with a 32.50m throw.
UP NEXT: Wheaton will travel to Springfield College on Saturday, April 27, where they will compete in the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) Championships.