Posted: Apr 27, 2019
LOCATION: Springfield, Mass.
- The men's track and field team traveled to Springfield on Saturday where they competed in the NEWMAC Championships placing fifth overall with 50 total points, improving 38 more points compared to last year's performance.
- Sophomore Hudson Ingoldsby earned a second place finish and All-NEWMAC Honors in the 400m hurdles with a time of 56.77 while William Jacobs followed up in seventh in a time of 1:01.06. Ingoldsby also placed fourth overall in the high jump with a jump of 1.95m.
- Bobby Pedersen took home second place in the javelin with a throw of 53.76m, tabbing himself to the All-NEWMAC team.
- In the pole vault, Johnny Robbins finished in fifth place with a vault of 4.10m.
- First-year Shayne Beckloff placed fifth in the 100m dash in a time of 11.09 while sophomore John Billings earned a seventh-place finish in the 400m dash in a time of 51.68.
- Jack Muldoon placed sixth in the 3000m steeplechase in a time of 10:26.82.
- In the 800m run, Kevin Fischer placed seventh in a time of 1:58.34.
- First-year Dominic Sclafani earned an eighth-place finish in the 1500m run with a time of 4:21.60.
- In the 4x100m relay, the team consisting of Marcel Smith, Billings, Jacobs, and Pedersen placed fourth overall in a time of 44.90.
- In the 4x400m relay, the team consisting of Billings, Kevin Fischer, Ingoldsby, Elijah Akindolie and Beckloff earned a fifth-place finish in a time of 3:33.64.
UP NEXT: The Lyons will travel to Williams College on Friday, May 3, where they will compete in the New England DIII Championships.