Posted: Jan 11, 2020
LOCATION: Brunswick, Maine
- The Wheaton College men's track & field team returned to action Saturday afternoon for the team's first indoor meet of the season with the Lyons finishing in second place with 72 points.
- First-year Graeme Wojtowicz finished in eighth place in his first collegiate meet, finishing the 200m dash in 24.89. Junior Marcel Smith took home 10th place with a time of 25.31.
- Sophomore William Jacobs finished in second place in the 400m dash with a time of 52.95.
- Elijah Akindolie also collected a second-place finish after crossing the finish line of the 600m run in 1:23.89. John Billings was close behind, finishing in fifth place with a time of 1:25.87. Matt Daley finished in seventh place with a time of 1:29.69.
- Sean Towse earned Wheaton points in the 1000m run, finishing in fifth place with a time of 2:46.84.
- Sophomore Kevin Fischer earned a ninth-place finish in the one-mile run (4:56.59), while Dominic Sclafani finished in second place in the 3000m run (9:20.26).
- Senior Luke Thombs returned to the track with a ninth-place finish in the 5000m run with a time of 16:28.68.
- The Lyon hurdlers finished in first and second place respectively in the 60m hurdles with first-year Matthew Cahill winning the event with a time of 8.81. Smith finished close behind with a time of 9.06.
- Wheaton finished second in the 4x400m relay with Billings, Hudson Ingoldsby, Jacobs, and Fischer finishing in 3:31.33.
- Cahill picked up another win, this time in the high jump, clearing 1.85m (6-00.75).
- Antonio Guerrieri finished in second place in the pole vault with a height of 3.65m (11-11.75).
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action on Friday, Jan. 17 for the Lyons Invitational which will be hosted in the Wheaton fieldhouse.