Posted: Jan 17, 2020
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Beard Fieldhouse)
- The Wheaton College men's track & field team returned to action Friday evening hosting the Lyon Invitational in Beard Fieldhouse.
- Hudson Ingoldsby won the high jump with a height of 1.85m, while Matthew Cahill took third with a jump of 1.80m.
- Dominic Sclafani and Luke Thombs finished in second and third place respectively in the one mile run with Sclafani finishing in 4:34.09. Thombs completed the race in 4:34.65.
- Cahill returned to action in the 60m hurdles, finishing with a time of 8.79. Marcel Smith also competed in the race, earning a New England Division III Championship qualifying time (8.89).
- John Billings earned a third-place finish in the 300m dash, finishing a hundredth of a second out of second place with a time of 36.10. Ingoldsby took fourth.
- The 4x800m relay team of Elijah Akindolie, Kevin Fischer, Matt Daley, and Sclafani finished in second place with a time of 8:34.63.
- The 4x200m relay team finished in third place with Billings, Ingoldsby, Cahill, and William Jacobs crossing the finish line in 1:34.72.
- Johnny Robbins finished the pole vault with a height of 4.00m, which was the third-best vault of the day.
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action on Saturday, Jan. 25 for the Wheaton Invitational which will be hosted in Beard Fieldhouse.