GAME ONE: Wheaton 16 - Smith 0 (5 innings)
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-10, 1-2 NEWMAC) - Smith (3-11, 0-3 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Clark Field)
- Wheaton senior Allison Cox had a great showing in the circle for the Lyons, pitching four complete innings, allowing just five hits to the 17 batters she faced, while not giving up a run. Jade Assad came in to close the game in the top of the fifth.
- First-year Lindsay Whittles finished the game 3-for-3 from the plate with four RBI and three runs scored, while both Hannah Arkin and Lily Ongkiko finished 2-for-3 with a walk and three runs scored. Arkin also picked up two RBI.
- The Lyons wasted no time getting their bats going, plating four runs in the bottom of the first inning, starting with a bases-loaded, no out double to right field from Shelbi Wilson. The double brought home Whittles, Arkin and Ongkiko. Assad followed with a double down the right field that sent Wilson home.
- The floodgates opened in the second inning with Wheaton scoring 11 runs on seven hits and three Smith errors. Whittles got the scoring started with a double to left center that sent home Wheaton's lead-off hitter Jessica Nardozza. Whittles came around to score on the next Lyon at-bat, with Arkin singling up the middle, before moving to second on the Smith throw home and eventually third on a Pioneer error. Wilson sent Arkin home two batters later with a single up the middle. Assad reached on another Pioneer error, which also allowed Wilson to come around. Smith's third error of the inning on a Cox at-bat, gave Assad time to come around, making it a 9-0 contest. With the bases loaded and two outs, Whittles returned to the plate to double to left center, sending Nardozza, Clara DeCarvalho and Cox home. Arkin followed with an RBI double down the right-field line, while Wilson ended the scoring with a two-RBI double to left center.
- Wheaton ended the scoring in the bottom of the fourth with Ongkiko scoring on yet another Pioneer error.
- Hits: Wheaton 14 / Smith 7
- Errors: Wheaton 0 / Smith 4
- RBIs: Wheaton 13 / Smith 0
- Left on Base: Wheaton 5 / Smith 7
- Walks: Wheaton 4 / Smith 0
- Strikeouts: Wheaton 5 / Smith 1
GAME TWO: Wheaton 5 - Smith 4
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-10, 2-2 NEWMAC) - Smith 3-12, 0-4 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Clark Field)
- Wilson got the start for the Lyons, pitching 5.1, surrendering four runs on eight hits, while striking out three. Cox closed out the game, picking up her second win of the day, after pitching 1.2, giving up just one hit.
- Wilson led the team from the plate, finishing 2-for-3 with a run scored and an RBI, while Assad finished 1-for-2 with a walk.
- Smith struck first in the second contest, scoring its first run of the day on a Lyon error in the top of the first.
- An Ongkiko two-out single to center in the fourth tied the game at 1-1 with Arkin coming around to score. Smith helped Wheaton take the lead moments later with a fielding error on Wilson's at-bat giving Ongkiko time to make her way home. Assad knocked in Wilson moments later on a double to center, putting the Lyons ahead 3-1.
- Smith earned a run back in the top of the fourth courtesy on an RBI double to right field form Elodie Townsend.
- Wilson picked up her RBI in the bottom of the fifth with a double to left that scored Arkin.
- The Pioneers tied the contest at 4-4 in the top of the sixth with a double to right from Stephanie Konas, which was followed by a sacrifice fly from Tyler Feeney. Wheaton recaptured the lead in the bottom half of the inning with an RBI groundout from Arkin that scored Nardozza.
- Hits: Wheaton 7 / Smith 9
- Errors: Wheaton 2 / Smith 3
- RBIs: Wheaton 4 / Smith 3
- Left on Base: Wheaton 7 / Smith 13
- Walks: Wheaton 2 / Smith 5
- Strikeouts: Wheaton 3 / Smith 3