GAME ONE: Wheaton 1 - Ohio Wesleyan 2
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-5) - Ohio Wesleyan (2-3)
LOCATION: Clermont, Fla.
- Lani Jackson-Sherman got out of a bases-loaded jam in the bottom of the first inning by getting Kennedy Sattler of the Battling Bishops to pop out to second base.
- The Battling Bishops got on the board first after Aimee Duckwroth reached on a fielder's choice and then stole second base. Sattler hit an RBI single to give Ohio Wesleyan a 1-0 lead.
- The Lyons responded in the 4th inning when Clara DeCarvalho singled through the left side and advance to third on a Julia McLintock single. With a runner on first and third, Jackson-Sherman hit an RBI single tieing the game at 1-1
- The Battling Bishops took back the lead when Nicole Peak hit an RBI single to take a 2-1 lead.
- The Lyons had their best chance to tie or take the lead when they recorded two singles and a walk in the top of the 6th inning but were unable to bring home a run with the bases-loaded eventually falling to Ohio Wesleyan 2-1.
- Jackson-Sherman went 3-for-3 on the day driving in one run and pitching a complete game only giving up 2 earned runs.
- Allicyn Cole went 1-for-1 with a walk.
- DeCarvalho went 1-for-3 in the game with the Lyons lone run scored.
GAME TWO: Wheaton 3 - Carnegie Mellon 5
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-6) - Carnegie Mellon (5-2)
LOCATION: Clermont, Fla.
- The Tartans got on the board first on an RBI single from Lo Jette-Kouri giving Carnegie Mellon a 1-0 lead.
- Hannah Arkin led Wheaton off with a single and advance to third before being left stranded on the basepath.
- Carnegie Mellon added another run in the 2nd after Summer Faille tripled to right field and was brought home on an infield single to extend their lead to 2-0.
- After falling behind 4-0 in the top of the 3rd inning Wheaton responded in the bottom half after Katelyn Jordan doubled to center field and was brought home on a wild pitch to make it 4-1 in favor of the Tartans.
- The Tartans recorded 2 singles in the top of the 5th inning bringing in another run to extend their lead to 6-1.
- After Arkin reached on an error, Barton recorded another double this time down the left-field line. Both runners scored on errors by the Tartans to make it 6-3.
- The Lyons struggled to get anything going in the final 2 innings as they fell 6-3 to Carnegie Mellon.
- Rahne Turley came in relief pitching 4 strong innings giving up 3 hits and only 1 earned run.
- Barton went 2-for-4 with two doubles and two runs scored.
- Arkin scored a run while going 1-for-4 on the day.
UP NEXT: The Lyons have another doubleheader tomorrow as they face Bates at 9:00 a.m. and Plymouth St. at 11:15 a.m.