Jan 28, 2018
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- Emma Stump represented the Lyons in the solo, earning a score of 64.8667 for her performance.
- Margy Mackin and Maxie Zimmerman were strong in the duet, defeating a team from Boston University by more than five points, earning a score of 64.5333.
- The Lyons trio earned a second place finish, defeating both Boston University teams while finishing hot on the heels of the University of Incarnate Word.
- In the team performance, the Lyons put strong collective effort, defeating the Terrier team by more than 10 points, while finishing less than three points behind the UIW team.
- In figures, the Lyons were led by Zimmerman and Mackin, who finished back-to-back in the 'B' section with Zimmerman winning the event with a score of 65.1395, while Mackin was right behind her with a score of 64.9729.
- Stump won her section by nearly seven full points, winning 'C' figures with a score of 65.4804. Elizabeth Pugliese also competed in the 'C' section, leaving with a third-place finish.
- "The team did some amazing things this meet and hands down had one of our strongest showings ever at the start of a season. The women closed the gap between some of the best athletes in collegiate synchro, which is exactly what we are looking to do. We had a great weekend of competition all around."
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, Feb. 3 for at one-day routines meet with Boston University in the Terriers pool.