Nov 11, 2018
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- The Wheaton College synchronized swimming program returned to the pool Sunday morning for the New England Figures Invitational in Balfour Natatorium.
- First up was A Figures, which featured a thrust with a 360 degree spin, a full twist which continued into a 1440 degree spin, a cyclone and walkover front, as well as a manta ray hybrid. Junior Savannah Cornelius led the way for Wheaton, finishing in first place with a score of 62.6506. First-year Lauriina Heinonen joined Cornelius in the event, finishing with a score of 61.5417 in her first collegiate competition.
- Maxie Zimmerman led the Lyons in B Figures, which featured the same figures as group A. The junior led the bunch with a score of 67.7789. Not far behind was senior Margy Mackin who earned a score of 66.1939, while first-year Tessa Lopresti finished with a score of 64.0952 in her first collegiate event. Emma Stump rounded out the Wheaton sweep in the B figures with a score of 62.3232.
- Francesca Sajedi won the C figures, which featured an ariana, rio, albatross half twist, and a swordtail, earning a score of 58.3911, which was good enough to beat a handful of Boston University swimmers.
- "The team started the season off with awesome swims, great team work, and top-notch sportsmanship. Overall, I am very proud of this group."
UP NEXT: Wheaton is not currently scheduled to return to the pool until 2019, when they travel to Ohio State for a meet on Jan. 12.