LOCATION: The Ohio State University (McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion)
- The Wheaton College synchronized swimming took the pool at the Ohio State University on Saturday for the OSU Zero Waste Invitational. While OSU took first place with an overall score of 93, Wheaton placed second with a 74 score ahead of the University of Michigan's 53.5.
- In a field of mostly Buckeyes, Lauriina Heinonen placed 10th with a score of 63.2148 in Figures A, while Savannah Cornelius picked up 47.3334 points in the same group. The A group performed the thrust and 360 spin, the full twist, the cyclone and walkover, as well as the manta ray hybrid figures.
- First year Tessa Lopresti paced the Lyons in the Figures B group, coming in 7th with 64.9353, just ahead of 8th place Margy Mackin. Emma Stump and Maxie Zimmerman competed in the same group, receiving scores of 64.17 and 61.9864, respectively.
- Elizabeth Pugliese took home a first place nod in the C group, as she placed first with 61.93 points, while Francesca Sajedi came in second with 57.54 ahead of 3 University of Michigan Wolverines.
- Lopresti and Zimmerman secured a 70.1667 in the duets portion of the day, while Mackin scored well enough for second place in solos. Also competing in solos for the Lyons was Stump, who placed third with a 70.1333.
- Wheaton's only trio performers of the day, Lopresti, Mackin and Zimmerman, took home a third place finish after collecting 67.9333 points.
- "All in all it was an awesome debut for our 2019 small routines. Our first year Tessa broke onto the collegiate scene with a ton of personality and spunk. The Wheaton Lyons held there own against some tough opponents and represented Wheaton as only a true Lyon can. Looking forward to showing off these routines along with our team routines at our upcoming home meet. "
UP NEXT: Wheaton resumes their schedule on Saturday, February 2, when they travel to Boston University to take on the Terriers and the University of Incarnate Word.