LOCATION: Boston University (Feb. 2) / Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium - Feb. 3)
- The Wheaton College synchronized swimming team took to the pool Saturday and Sunday, for a two-day competition against the University of Incarnate Word, Boston University and Penn State University. The Lyons were the top team on both days, winning Saturday's competition with a score of 93, before taking Sunday with a score of 81. Saturday also saw the Lyons compete against the University of Pennsylvania and Yale.
- Wheaton opened the competition with a win in the A Duet Free finals with Maxie Zimmerman and Tessa Lopresti finishing with a score of 67.8000, which was followed by a second place finish from Savannah Cornelius and Lauriina Heinonen.
- A Figures, which required a Thurst/360 spin, followed by a Full Twist, a Cyclone and Walkover, finished with a Manta Ray Hybrid, saw Heinonen finish in second with a score of 64.4488. Cornelius also competed in the group, taking third place.
- Mackin and Emma Stump put together strong routines in the A Solo Free with Mackin finishing in second place and Stump in third.
- Collectively, the Lyons finished second in the A Team Free, earning a score of 66.9667, which was a few points shy of first.
- The A Trio of Lopresti, Mackin, and Zimmerman took the top spot with a score of 64.2333.
- Wheaton took the top three spots in the B Figures, led by Zimmerman who won the event with a score of 67.0477. Mackin finished second, while Lopresti finished third. The trio was required to perform a Thrust/180 spin, Twist spin, Cyclone/Walkover, and a Manta Ray Hybrid.
- Elizabeth Pugliese won C Figures (Ariana, Rio, Albatrosse ½ twist, Swordtail) with a score of 61.5341.
- Zimmerman and Lopresti returned to action Sunday with another Duet Free win, this time with a score of 68.4667, followed once again by Cornelius and Heinonen who earned second place.
- Mackin finished second in the Solo Free, finishing just a few points out of first place.
- Day two saw the Lyons win the Team Free, edging out Incarnate Word with a score of 68.0000.
- The trio of Lopresti, Mackin, and Zimmerman ended the competition with a win in the Trio Free with a score of 65.3000.
- "We killed it on Saturday in the Boston University pool. We followed that up with amazing performances Sunday in our home pool. Overall I am very proud of the way these young women performed."
UP NEXT: Wheaton wraps up the regular season on Saturday, Feb. 23 with a home meet against the Ohio State University at 11 a.m. The Lyons will honor their lone senior prior to the meet.