Feb 23, 2019
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- The Wheaton College synchronized swimming team returned to action Saturday afternoon hosting Boston University and Ohio State. Prior to the start of the meet, the Lyons honored lone senior Margy Mackin for her contributions to the program over the last four seasons.
- The Lyons opened the meet with a standout performance from Tessa Lopresti and Maxie Zimmerman in the duet, with the pair finishing in second place just points out of first place.
- Mackin took to the pool for the solo free, where the senior finished third with a score of 70.7000, which was just two points out of first place. Emma Stump finished behind Mackin.
- The Lyons team performance, which featured Savannah Cornelius, Lauriina Heinonen, Lopresti, Mackin, Elizabeth Pugliese, Francesca Sajedi, Stump, and Zimmerman, received several high marks from the judges, finishing in second place.
- Mackin, Zimmerman, and Lopresti nearly took second place in the trio, challenging Ohio State, who finished two-hundredths of a point ahead of the Lyons.
- "We continued to close the gap between NCAA Division I powerhouse Ohio State, who is easily the best program in the nation. The team did outstanding in every event, which I love. We're one step closer to our goals for our national championship in March."
UP NEXT: Wheaton will host the US Collegiate Regional Synchronized Swim Championships on March 2 in Balfour Natatorium.