Posted: Nov 18, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 63 - Salisbury 51
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-1) - Salisbury(1-2)
LOCATION: Union, N.J. (Harwood Arena)
- First-year Mikayla Pucci was named to the Kean All-Tournament Team.
- Pucci ended her second game of the tournament with 15 points while collecting six rebounds. Pucci ended the night 4-of-9 from the floor and 7-of-9 from the free-throw line.
- Sophomore Chelsea Rairdon led all players with a career-high 19 points on a 7-of-12 performance from the floor while converting five of her six free-throw attempts. Rairdon also finished with four rebounds and the teams only steal.
- Senior Ruthie Zientek ended the night with a game-high eight boards.
- Dalina Julien led Salisbury with 16 points, while Paige Bryce ended with a game-high eight rebounds.
- Wheaton held the advantage in three out of the four quarters, starting with a 12-8 opening frame.
- The Seagulls fought their way back into the contest, tying the score three times in the second frame, including at the intermission with both sides heading into the half deadlocked at 25-25.
- Rairdon handed Wheaton the lead to start the third quarter, just to have it erased moments later with the fourth and final score tie of the contest. Sophomore Natalie Wind handed the lead back to Wheaton for good with 8:40 left in the third quarter. Wheaton pushed it's lead to five, 41-36, heading into the final quarter.
- Salisbury pulled within one point with 8:02 left to play in the game, but that would be as close as the Seagulls would get.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 20-56 / Salisbury 21-71
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 6-20 / 3-25
- Free Throw: Wheaton 17-25 / 6-9
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 5 / Salisbury 12