Posted: Nov 29, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 56 - Babson 77
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-2, 0-1 NEWMAC) - Babson (3-1, 1-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Babson Park, Mass. (Staake Gymnasium)
- Wheaton was led by a 12-point, 5-rebound showing from Emily Cuthbertson and a team-high 15 points from Natalie Wind.
- Senior Rebecca Olivieri netted 7 points to go along with an assist in 21 minutes of work off the bench for the Lyons.
- Ruthie Zientek chipped in across the board, as she scored five and notched 6 rebounds, 5 assists and a steal.
- Two Babson players recorded a game-high 16 points; Payton Ouimette used that and 16 boards for a double-double, while Tea Spellacy went 6-8 from the field.
- Wheaton connected on 11 of 19 3-point attempts, for a 57.9 percentage from downtown. The Lyons shot 91.7% on free throws, hitting 11 of 12.
- The Lyons opened the contest with the first shot of the night, a three from Wind, but the Beavers exited the first quarter on top, 21-17.
- Wheaton kept the pace in the second quarter, only trailing the Beavers 16-15 at the buzzer. Babson entered the locker room up 37-32 at the half.
- Wind hit another three in the first minute of the third to close the gap to three. The hosts then used 6-0 and 8-0 runs from there to build a 15-point lead heading into the final period.
- Babson ran away with the game in the fourth, scoring nine unanswered from the opening whistle and eventually pocketing the 77-56 victory.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 17-57 / Babson 28-70
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 11-19 / Babson 7-22
- 3-Point Percentage: Wheaton 57.9 / Babson 31.8
- Free Throw: Wheaton 11-12 / Babson 14-20
- Free Throw Percentage: Wheaton 91.7 / Babson 70
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 10 / Babson 17