Posted: Dec 06, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 73 - Clark 59
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-2, 1-1 NEWMAC) - Clark (4-2, 0-1 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Clark University (Worcester, Mass.)
- Natalie Wind paced the Lyons, as her performance ties her previous season-high of 20 points. Wind tacked on three rebounds and three assists while going 5-7 from three-point range and 3-3 from the line.
- Senior Rebecca Olivieri came off the bench to contribute 14 points in 15 minutes of work, hitting all three of her attempts from downtown for a perfect three-point percentage and shooting 5-7 in field goals.
- Leading the way for Wheaton in ball control, Emily Cuthbertson collected a team-high 9 rebounds.
- Idalis Miranda tied Natalie Wind's game-high 20 points while dishing out 5 assists and collecting 4 steals. Ogechi Ezemma recorded a 16-point, 10-board double-double in 30 minutes of the contest.
- Wheaton controlled the pace of the first quarter, as they outscored Clark, 21-7 after a 10-0 run in the opening minutes.
- The Cougars kept the pace in the second quarter, matching the Lyons' 19 points thanks to 8 points each from Ezemma and Rachael Chen.
- Wheaton added 9 points to their 14-point halftime advantage in the third period. Ogechi opened the scoring with a layup, but the Lyons responded by putting up two layups and a pair of free throws before a Cuthbertson trifecta would cap a 7-0 Lyons run. Casey Kaplan and Maria Matrango combined for Wheaton's final 7 points of the quarter as they headed into the fourth with a 59-36 lead.
- The Lyons used a trio of three-pointers in the fourth to seal the 73-59 win.
- Wheaton's bench exploded for 29 points while the team as a whole posted a 55.6 shooting percentage from three-point range.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 24-57 / Clark 20-70
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 15-27 / Clark 5-25
- 3-Point Percentage: Wheaton 55.6 / Clark 20.0
- Free Throws: Wheaton 10-15 / Clark 14-20
- Free Throw Percentage: Wheaton 66.7 / Clark 70.0
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 15 / Clark 16
- Bench Points: Wheaton 29 / Clark 7
- Rebounds: Wheaton 44 / Clark 45