Posted: Dec 07, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 54 - Roger Williams 64
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-3, 1-1 NEWMAC) - Roger Williams (7-2, 2-1 CCC)
LOCATION: Emerson Gymnasium (Norton, Mass.)
- First-year Mikayla Pucci paced the Lyons with 13 points on a 4-for-11 night from the floor and 5-for-6 performance from the free-throw line. The guard also ended the game with two rebounds, an assist and a steal.
- Sophomore Natalie Wind also ended the night in double-digits score, finishing with 11, shooting 4-for-11 from the floor, including 3-for-5 from three-point range.
- Senior Ruthie Zientek and sophomore Chelsea Rairdon led the Lyons with five rebounds each, both pulling down four defensive boards and one on the offensive end.
- Anna Walther and Mariah Nicholas led all players with 15 points for Roger Williams, while Nicholas also collected a game-high eight rebounds.
- Despite shooting less than 40% from the floor in the opening quarter, Wheaton, led by five points from Emily Cuthbertson and Wind, took a slim 19-18 point lead into the second frame.
- Roger Williams capitalized in the second quarter, limiting the Lyons to just 10 points, en route to a 36-29 lead at halftime.
- The Hawks kept the pressure on in the third quarter, opening the second half on a 6-0 run, before closing out the quarter on a 24-10 run.
- Wheaton responded with a strong fourth quarter, allowing the Hawks just four points the entire way. Wheaton managed to pull within six points, 60-54, with 3:08 to play on a Pucci layup but that would be as close as Wheaton would get.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 18-57 / Roger Williams 24-51
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 8-15 / 9-25
- 3-Point Percentage: Wheaton 53.3 / Roger Williams 36.0
- Free Throws: Wheaton 10-13 / Roger Williams 7-8
- Free Throw Percentage: Wheaton 76.9 / Roger Williams 87.5
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 7 / Roger Williams 13
- Bench Points: Wheaton 14 / Roger Williams 17
- Rebounds: Wheaton 35 / Roger Williams 33