Dec 20, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 74 - MacMurray 58
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-4) - MacMurray (3-9)
LOCATION: Daytona, Fla.
- Sophomore guard Natalie Wind led all players on the court with 21 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists, as she hit 5 of 6 three-point attempts and went 8-13 from field goal range.
- Ruthie Zientek scooped up a game-high 10 boards, while Emily Cuthbertson and Mikayla Pucci recorded 11 and 10 points, respectively.
- Liz Kruemmelbein led the charge for the Highlanders with 15 points and 5 rebounds, as Aleysia Mason-Pavia recorded 14 points and 6 rebounds for MacMurray.
- Wheaton took a 13-4 lead early in the first period as Cuthbertson hit a three at the 6:27 mark. Kaylie Stowe then knotted the game at 13 with a three-pointer of her own, just before Mason-Pavia made a layup that would give MacMurray it's first and only lead of the contest. Zientek ended the quarter by hitting another from downtown to give Wheaton a 20-17 advantage heading into the second.
- The Lyons were able to use two separate 8-0 runs in the second quarter to their advantage, eventually leaving the half with a 45-28 lead.
- MacMurray's offense got to work in the third as they outscored the Lyons 19-17, closing the deficit to 15.
- Zientek and Maria Matrango combined for 8 of the team's 12 points in the fourth, and Wheaton cruised to the 74-58 victory.
- Wheaton shot 100 percent from the free throw line and hit 42.9 percent of their attempts from three-point range.
- The Lyons recorded season-highs in rebounds (50) and assists (24).
- Field Goals: Wheaton 28-72 / MacMurray 22-59
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 12-28 / MacMurray 8-25
- Free Throw: Wheaton 6-6 / MacMurray 6-13
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 15 / MacMurray 16
- Field Goal %: Wheaton 38.9 / MacMurray 37.3
- 3-Point %: Wheaton 42.9 / MacMurray 32.0
- Rebounds: Wheaton 50 / MacMurray 35