Posted: Jan 24, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 76 - Emerson 88
RECORDS: Wheaton (7-11, 2-7 NEWMAC) - Emerson (7-10, 5-5 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Emerson Gymnasium)
- Wheaton was led by sophomore Natalie Wind and first-year Mikayla Pucci, who both contributed 18 points on the night. Wind shot 3-3 from the line and grabbed one rebound and one assist while Pucci picked up nine rebounds and shot 6-7 from the line.
- Emerson's Natalie Busch led all in scoring with 26 points. Busch shot 5-7 from three while grabbing four rebounds and four steals.
- Emerson was able to jump ahead in the opening quarter, going ahead 27-16, after ten minutes. They continued strongly into the second quarter but Wheaton fought back, ending the half at 45-31.
- Wheaton entered the second half determined, outscoring their opponent 23-20 in the final quarter, but it wasn't enough to push past the Lions of Emerson, ending the game at 88-76.
- Wheaton converted 15 out of 17 free throw attempts for an average of 88.2%.
- Wheaton grabbed 44 rebounds and had 18 assists compared to Emerson who grabbed 36 rebounds and 17 assists.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 27-61 / Emerson 36-76
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 7-19 / Emerson 10-25
- Free Throw: Wheaton 15-17 / Emerson 6-14
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 6 / Emerson 28
- Field Goal %: Wheaton / Emerson 47.4%
- 3-Point %: Wheaton / Emerson 40.0%
- Rebounds: Wheaton 44 / Emerson 36
- Assists: Wheaton 18 / Emerson 17