Posted: Jan 31, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 43 - Babson 77
RECORDS: Wheaton (7-13, 2-9 NEWMAC) - Babson (14-7, 9-2 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Northampton, Mass.
- Wheaton had three players finish the contest with eight points (Rebecca Olivieri, Mikayla Pucci, and Sara McLeman), while both McLeman and Ruthie Zientek ended the contest with a team-high five rebounds.
- Babson was led by a 12 point performance from Elizabeth Lane, while Emily Bonifacic finished with 11 and both Katherine Tamulionis and Bianca Tomassini chipped in 10 points. Brenna LeGacy led all players with eight rebounds for the Beavers.
- Babson captured its first lead of the contest on a Lane jumper, but Olivieri equalized a minute later with the first of her three made field goals. Lane handed the Beavers the lead back for good just seconds later with a good three-pointer with an assist from Tamulionis.
- The Beavers won each of the four quarters, but the Lyons made it close in the fourth quarter with Babson only outscoring Wheaton by a point, 14-13.
- Both teams wore pink in support of the "Play4Kay" movement. Those interested in donating to the cause can donate HERE.
- The Wheaton athletic department also recognized all of its senior female student-athletes at halftime in honor of National Girls and Women in Sports Day.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 17-54 / Babson 30-70
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 2-18 / Babson 7-19
- Free Throw: Wheaton 7-11 / Babson 10-17
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 8 / Babson 20
- Rebounds: Wheaton 33 / Babson 51
- Assists: Wheaton 9 / Babson 21