Posted: Feb 07, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 49 - Wellesley 52
RECORDS: Wheaton (7-15, 2-11 NEWMAC) - Wellesley (8-12, 5-8 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Wellesley, Mass.
- Rebecca Olivieri led all in scoring with 17 points, shooting 3-3 from behind the arc and 5-9 in the paint. Mikayla Pucci helped contribute 12 points, shooting 4-4 from three while grabbing 10 rebounds.
- Wellesley was led by Caitlin Aguirre with 16 points and six rebounds while Emily Kopp picked up 12 points and 4 boards.
- The game started with Wellesley going on a 3-0 run, holding the Lyons scoreless until Pucci scored a layup at 7:45 to make it 2-3. The score would go back and forth for the rest of the quarter with Wheaton pushing ahead at the end, 11-7.
- The second quarter started off similar to the first with both teams relying on their defense. Wellesley gained the upper hand as they outscored the Lyons 9-15.
- Wheaton was able to gain momentum back in the third, eventually tying Wellesley 33-33 at the end of the quarter.
- The final quarter came down to the wire, but despite their efforts, the Lyons were unable to catch a last-minute push from Wellesley with the game ending at 52-49.
- Wheaton continues to excel at the free throw line as they shot 87.5% on the night.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 17-48 / Wellesley 21-53
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 8-27 / Wellesley 39.6%
- Free Throw: Wheaton 7-8 / Wellesley 6-12
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 18 / Wellesley 18
- Field Goal %: Wheaton 35.4% / Wellesley 39.6%
- Rebounds: Wheaton 34/ Wellesley 33