Posted: Feb 10, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 53 - Smith 80
RECORDS: Wheaton (7-16, 2-12 NEWMAC) - Smith (18-5, 11-3 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Wellesley, Mass.
- Wheaton was led by 10 points from sophomore Natalie Wind, who finished 4-of-8 from the floor and 2-for-5 from the free-throw line. Senior Oppie Morris chipped in nine points, while Emily Cuthbertson and Chelsea Rairdon each had seven points.
- Rebecca Olivieri led the team in rebounds with five, while Ruthie Zientek ended the contest with a game-high seven assists.
- Kennedy Guest-Pritchett led all players with 21 points for the Pioneers, while teammate Lauren Bondi chipped in 19 points in the win. Guest-Pritchett also pulled down a game-high 12 rebounds for the double-double.
- Smith took the lead early in the game and never let go.
- The Lyons shot 71.4% from the free throw line and had a total of 24 combined points from the bench where Smith had 19 total points.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 21-58 / Smith 31-59
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 6-20 / Smith 7-17
- Free Throw: Wheaton 5-7 / Smith 11-16
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 8 / Smith 17
- Rebounds: Wheaton 26 / Smith 41