SCORE: Wheaton 63 - Springfield 73
RECORDS: Wheaton (7-18, 2-14 NEWMAC) - Springfield (18-4, 5-11 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Emerson Gymnasium)
- Seniors Rebecca Olivieri and Emily Cuthbertson led the Lyons in scoring with a combined 39 points. Olivieri contributed 24 points shooting 8-15 from the floor, 3-3 from the line, and 5-9 from behind the arc while Cuthbertson scored 15 points, shooting 8-8 from the free throw line while picking up four boards.
- Maria Matrango provided six points for Wheaton shooting perfect from the floor while dishing off one assist and grabbing two rebounds.
- Springfield's Gracie Restituyo led all in scoring with 31 points shooting 11-15 in the paint and 9-10 from the line while guard Alex Goslin provided 16 points for the Pride.
- The game started off even with both teams battling until Wheaton held Springfield scoreless for two and half minutes and went on a 6-0 run. The Lyons continued to maintain their lead and ended the half ahead of Springfield 36-28.
- The Pride found momentum near the end of the third quarter, tying the game at 48-48 with 21 seconds left. Going into the final quarter, Springfield was able to push ahead of the Lyons holding them scoreless for 2:25 while going on a 6-0 run. Despite their efforts, the Lyons were unable to catch Springfield with the game ending at 73-63.
- Wheaton scored 16 points from the bench while Springfield's bench put up seven.
- The Lyons shot 80% from the free throw line and converted 11 second-chance points compared to the Pride's seven points.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 21-58 / Springfield 21-41
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 9-25 / Springfield 1-7
- Free Throw: Wheaton 12-15 / Springfield 30-40
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 9 / Springfield 12
- Rebounds: Wheaton 29 / Springfield 30
- Assists: Wheaton 12 / Springfield 10
UP NEXT: Women's basketball concludes their season with a 7-18 overall record and 2-14 conference standing.