SCORE: Wheaton 76 - Wentworth 48
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-1, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Wentworth (0-4, 0-0 GNAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Emerson Gymnasium)
- The Wheaton College women's basketball team finished off the Cheryll Warren-Powers '95 Memorial Tournament with a 76-48 win over Wentworth.
- Senior Guard Abby Hamilton was named Tournament MVP, scoring nine points while picking up seven rebounds and shooting 3-7 from both the floor and the three-point line.
- Sophomore Forward Mikayla Pucci earned All-Tournament Team honors and lead Wheaton with a game-high 19 points. Pucci shot 9-15 from the floor and picked up two rebounds while dishing off three assists.
- Over the courses of the two-game tournament, Pucci scored a total of 29 points, picked up eight rebounds, and contributed six assists while Hamilton picked up 14 boards and contributed seven assists with 19 points.
- Erin Morton led the Leopards of Wentworth with a 17 point performance, while Stephanie Mini followed up with 11 points. Morton shot 7-10 from the line and picked up five boards while Mini had two steals and three boards.
- Wheaton held an 18-8 lead after the first quarter and continued their momentum throughout the rest of the game winning the second frame 22-15, the third frame 18-11, and the final frame 18-14.
- With this victory, Coach Hodgdon earns her 207th win, tying Coach Del Malloy for the winningest coach in Wheaton program history.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 28-62 / Wentworth 19-59
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 12-37 / Wentworth 3-22
- Free Throw: Wheaton 8-12 / Wentworth 7-10
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 21 / Wentworth 16
- Rebounds: Wheaton 44 / Wentworth 32
- Assists: Wheaton 24/ Wentworth 12
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to the road on Sunday, Nov. 25 for a 1:00 p.m. contest against the Engineers of the RPI.