Posted: Dec 05, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 30 - Babson 97
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-4, 1-2 NEWMAC) - Babson (4-2, 2-1 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Emerson Gymnasium)
- The Beavers of Babson College defeated the Wheaton College women's basketball team 97-30 in a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) game.
- Sophomore Mikayla Pucci led the Lyons with six points, picking up a team-high four rebounds while shooting perfect from the free-throw line at 2-2.
- Abby Hamilton, Casey Kaplan, and Sadie Shore each followed up with a four point performance on the night. Hamilton was able to pick up three boards in the loss with Shore dishing off an assist and a steal.
- Emily Bonifacic and Payton Ouimette each led the Beavers with a game-high 14 points. Bonifacic shot 7-12 from the floor and picked up six rebounds while Ouimette fought for a game-high seven boards, shooting 3-6 from the floor and 8-10 from the line. Alexis Doherty shot 5-8 from the floor and contributed 11 points from the bench while Nicole Hiller broke double digits with 10 points and shot 4-7 from inside the paint.
- Babson started the game with Ouimette fighting for a layup at 9:55, picking up a foul in the process. After converting the free-throw to put the game at 3-0, Wheaton quickly responded with Hamilton making a three pointer to tie the game up. After the intial three from Hamilton, the Beavers came out flying, going on a 20-2 run with 2:04 left in the quarter. Wheaton was able to convert four more points before the quarter ended, setting the game at 28-7.
- The Lyons battled throughout the remainder of the three frames, but despite their efforts, they were unable to match the Beaver's top-form.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 11-51 / Babson 38-74
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 2-16 / Babson 8-23
- Free Throw: Wheaton 6-8 / Babson 13-17
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 2 / Babson 31
- Rebounds: Wheaton 28 / Babson 49
- Assists: Wheaton 6 / Babson 15