Dec 30, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 67 - Cedar Crest 36
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-5, 2-2 NEWMAC) - Cedar Crest (2-10, 1-2 CSAC)
LOCATION: Brunswick, Maine (Bowdoin College Invitational)
- On the second day of the 2018 Bowdoin College Invitational, the Wheaton College women's basketball team downed Cedar Crest College, 67-36, as the Lyons improve to 6-5 overall.
- Sophomore Mikayla Pucci was named to the All-Tournament team for her efforts after leading both squads with 16 points and 6 rebounds. Pucci shot 7-14 from the floor and 50 percent from beyond the arc.
- Sara McLeman registered a 12-point, 11-board double-double, the second in her career, to go along with a pair of steals and an assist.
- First-year Sadie Shore came off the bench to contribute 13 points and 6 rebounds in the Wheaton win, shooting 5-6 in field goals and 3-3 from the line in 18 minutes of work.
- Cedar Crest was lead by the 9 points and 10 rebounds of Meghan Gregory. Joana Cainglet recorded 6 points, and Venus Cabrera and Khnaue Robinson each pitched in with 5 points.
- The Lyons sank the first 6 points of the contest before Gregory put the Falcons on the board with a layup and Robinson hit a three to bring Cedar Crest within 3 at 5-8. Wheaton's lead quickly grew to 20 at 25-5 as they used a 17-0 run that included points from 7 different Lyons and spilled into the second quarter.
- The Hawks climbed within 12 points as they got in on a run themselves, scoring 7 points unanswered courtesy of Gregory, Mackenzie Borger and Natasha Barber with 27 seconds on the clock, but McLeman layed one up for the final points of the half and a 34-20, halftime lead.
- Wheaton outscored Cedar Crest by a margin of 24-8 over the ten minutes of the third quarter as they built their advantage up to 58-28 heading into the final stanza.
- The fourth was played much more evenly played, as the Falcons only trailed 8-9 over the final ten minutes, but the 1-point, fourth quarter advantage was enough to give Wheaton their largest lead of the afternoon and a 67-36 road win.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 24-61 / Cedar Crest 13-59
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 3-18 / Cedar Crest 6-27
- Free Throw: Wheaton 16-21 / Cedar Crest 4-7
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 19 / Cedar Crest 6
- Rebounds: Wheaton 52 / Cedar Crest 34
- Assists: Wheaton 15 / Cedar Crest 7