SCORE: Wheaton 54 - Springfield 77
RECORDS: Wheaton (6-6, 2-3 NEWMAC) - Springfield (8-5, 4-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Emerson Gymnasium)
- The Wheaton College women's basketball team returned to action Saturday evening, falling to the Pride of Springfield College, 72-49, in their fifth New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference game.
- Wheaton Forward Sadie Shore led the Lyons from the bench, scoring 14 points while also picking up five rebounds.
- Sophomore Mikayla Pucci followed up with 11 points and six rebounds while Junior Ashley Hill contributed 10 points on the night.
- Springfield's Alex Goslin led all players with 18 points while also picking up seven steals and three rebounds in the win. Chelsea McAllister followed up with a 13 point performance while Emily Jacques and Gracie Restituyo each contributed 12 points apiece.
- The game started with the Pride rattling off a 12-3 run at 6:38. Wheaton fought to get points back on the board, but the Pride owned a 21-14 lead after one quarter and a 37-27 lead as they headed into intermission.
- The Pride continued to find their form in the final frames, outscoring Wheaton 22-13 in the third and 18-14 in the fourth, setting the game at 77-54.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 22-52 / Springfield 27-62
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 6-28 / Springfield 6-19
- Free Throw: Wheaton 4-9 / Springfield 17-24
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 14 / Springfield 26
- Rebounds: Wheaton 32 / Springfield 41
- Assists: Wheaton 12 / Springfield 12
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns home on Tuesday, Jan. 8, where they will face off against the Engineers of MIT for a 7:00 p.m. tipoff at Emerson Gymnasium.